Saturday, October 25, 2008

upcoming portfolio



this sem i'm designing a vertical campus. a bit rigid initially, but Im playing with the whole transparency issues. my fav material, ETFE (ethylene tetrafluoroethylene) is up for grabs again. this time the skin transpire the urban fabric of Johor Bahru, so the different depth imprints of the ETFE pieces allows transparency as well as a whole lot new lighting interplay experience. plz refer to Daniel Libeskind's extension for the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, a.k.a "the spiral". click here and here and here.

(not all comments about the extension is quite positive, but hey, im in for the imprint to transpire my surrounding context. im not resorting to something alien)

buildings should instigate emotions, remember?

im just past my plans n sections, working out on the 3d modelling. but my tutor requires another section to show the relation between plot 1 and plot 2 of our site sandwiched by Jalan segget.

not much images for grabs. will be as usual after the portfolio.

P/s.will probably use interface for my portfolio. guess i have to swap my crt for lcd eh?

No comments: