Sunday, April 13, 2008

the HIVE

the hive is my major project this sem, a high end apartment designated in KL. KLCC to be exact, a hub of KL Urbanism.

the main idea is to stimulate interaction between the money-chaser high-end society. I explored the concept of honeycomb planning, cept that's its in vertical arrangement. by this, i put more units in a floor, and i create a communal hub for every 4 units, which also acts as a proper transition space from the corridor into their units unlike typical apartments; not to mention the layers of level before.they actually got to their level. its kinda like Charles Correa's Maharashta apartment fused up with the honeycomb housing scheme. and the family units itself are entwined with each other, so that they somewhat share a focal point inside of their own units. that's kinda head-breaking, but again, enjoyable.

Personally i enjoyed the programme, the idea itself, but i'm quite disappointed with the images, as I got really tight schedule, and my photoshop goes berserk at critical moments (its a shoddy 1 hour job.it kills my 3d models.f*ck!). and perhaps I should explore more, but I was really worried about UBBL n such. I learn a lot, that's what matter most.

p/s; the board were like sh*t. luckily i while presenting I sketches/scribble my idea along on the butterpaper i prepare specially for the presentatio. they like the idea, but gotta do something bout the board

No comments: